Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Daniel, I really feel that DDD and SSYS are pretty high to enter now. I think your best option is to find other 3D related companies other than the bug guys, to invest into.

Some other companies that you might want to consider are:
    ExOne (NASDAQ: XONE)
    Arcam (NASDAQOTH: AMAVF)
    Voxeljet (NYSE: VJET)
    Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE: HPQ)

Hewlett Packard will be getting into 3D Printing, and while the price probably already reflects this to some degree, I believe they will make a really big push to try and rise to the top and compete with SSYS and DDD.

Also you might want to consider investing companies that make supplies, parts and/or design software for 3D Printing.

Engineer
    Today we saw a pretty big drop in some of the major 3D Printing stocks. SSYS reported earnings estimates for the year under what analysts had estimated. Also Exone's revenues fell short of estimates. I don't think we have hit a peak in the industry, but we may be taking a breather for a little while now that CES is through and all the major reveals are done for the next month or two. Things may have gotten a bit ahead of themselves. I still feel 3D Print stocks are an awesome long term play.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Things may have gotten a bit ahead of themselves. I still feel 3D Print stocks are an awesome long term play.
    That was my thought when I dove in and it still is.

Technologist
    I've been following 3D Printing stocks for a while now.

Here are the major players who have IPO'd in the 3D printing space:

Hardware
    3D Systems (DDD)
    Stratasys (SSYS)
    Voxeljet (VJET)
    ExOne (XONE)
    Organovo (ONVO)

Established companies
    Hewlett-Packard (HPQ)
    General Electric (GE)

Software
    Cimatron (CIMT)
    Autodesk (ADSK)

Personally, I've held stock in DDD and SSYS for almost a year. While the stocks may seem overvalued now, I still think they have good future value.
    Last edited by squadus; 02-14-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Engineer
    Then there is penny stock RBCC - Rainbow Coral Corp. Seems to me a scam, but if what they say is true it could be a huge winner in the bioprinting realm. I'm going with it being a scam though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12