Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I want to learn about 3D printing and printing 3D. Hence why I'm looking at Prusa I3 so I can see how the machine works. The dreamer cost £950, has a dual extruder and prints different materials.

Which machine are you using?

I have a Custom Kossel Mini, its a Delta style printer. If thats the case, do nut by the dreamer since you wont have to build it. Buy a kit. the Prusa i3 is a good deal, and you can always add dual extruders since it uses the RAMPS 1.4 board which allows a second extruder.

Hmm the quality print on a Prusa I3 is decent right? Would the Print quality match the assembled machines that cost 1k?

You're not paying for print quality for most printers. All fdm printers use the same process to build objects. It's print quality depends on 3 things: 1.) How well you built it, 2.) How well calibrated it is and 3.) Quality of plastic.

Ahhh okay
    Thanks for your help. Prusa I3 it is then

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahsan View Post
    I want to learn about 3D printing and printing 3D. Hence why I'm looking at Prusa I3 so I can see how the machine works. The dreamer cost £950, has a dual extruder and prints different materials.

Which machine are you using?
    Building a Prusa I3 I would score 8/10 for difficulty as the calibration for it was much harder for me than a delta.

The delta kossel mini, although single head its EXCELLENT print quality, can add a heat bed no worries and the cost is minimal and the build time fast, and has autolevelling.

The kits can cost about $700U.S for the DIY kit and I really do suggest building your own. From what ive heard the flashforge dreamer looks great on the outside... but....

Quote Originally Posted by MK-X View Post
    You're not paying for print quality for most printers. All fdm printers use the same process to build objects. It's print quality depends on 3 things: 1.) How well you built it, 2.) How well calibrated it is and 3.) Quality of plastic.
    No, but you are paying for quality of components that contribute to print quality. eg. Linear rail bearings are much smoother than a chrome rod and LMU8M bearings, but the linear rail can cost $40 as opposed to a chrome rod and bearing at $10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12