Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rigidbot or Flashforge Dreamer?

Hi

I cant decide which printer to buy. My budget is around £1000 and looking to get the best spec from that price range
    For now, I'm looking at rigidbot and forceforge dreamer.
    Can you please tell me what you think about these two printers, and if you have any advices and suggestions for any other printer?

Thank you for help!
    Have a great day!
    Last edited by Ahsan; 08-26-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Dreamer all the way, Rigidbot is having issues on delivering their product to backers. If you were willing, You could buy one for much cheaper with the same performance, or even purchase a Rostock Max V2 kit.

Hi. Is there anything that's better than the Dreamer out there? My max budget is around £1000. Not liking the Rostock Max V2 design. Would you guys recommend the Prusa I3? If so, would I be able to get a larger bed size? I'm looking for something that I can print large items on too. But also print good enough quality.

Thanks

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahsan View Post
    Hi. Is there anything that's better than the Dreamer out there? My max budget is around £1000. Not liking the Rostock Max V2 design. Would you guys recommend the Prusa I3? If so, would I be able to get a larger bed size? I'm looking for something that I can print large items on too. But also print good enough quality.

Thanks
    Flashforge, not Forceforge, and no their bed size is tiny..

Prusa I3 is your best bet for constant changes... ie you can start your build with an 8"x8" hotbed and later re-arrange the machine and put a 10x10 on there or bigger, it's a very versatile design.

I'm looking at the prusa I3, Would you recommend the mentalmax 1.5 or prusa I3? It's going to be my first 3d printer, is the quality wise on reprap the same as assembled machine?

Any more suggestions would be appreciated :-)

Thanks

If you're going to choose between those too, I would choose the mendalmax. The quality is depending on your skill in building and calibrating it.

It seems like a pretty good deal.

Would you recommend that or the Forceforge Dreamer? :-)

Depends. Do you want to learn about the intricacies of 3D printing or just 3D print? The Flashforge Dreamer is a closed source machine, but is based on existing designs. This Prusa i3 is a great design and I like it as well. How much is the Flashforge Dreamer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast