I finally got my printer set back up and have been printing almost non-stop for the past couple weeks with no issues. Suddenly I had a failed print yesterday and ever since then my printer's been acting strange. I was trying to print a model that is roughly 4.5 x 4.5 x 1.5 inches with a raft base. (I've been printing this size for these 2 weeks) but after the fail, what's happening is partway through the very first layer of the raft the printer will either 1. start going back over and over and over non-stop, a section of the print maybe about an inch wide by the 4 inches long. Or 2. the print unit will stutter and from that point on will not glide smoothly on the rails until the printer is powered off and back on.
Mostly it's the first option that happens.

The odd thing is, I loaded up a smaller model (about 2 x 1 x 1/8 inch) and the whole thing prints perfect every time.

I thought maybe it's the file so I tried re-slicing it a few times and each time the same problems.

Tried a different slicer, same problems.

Tried a slightly smaller model that I had already printed previously with no issues (2 x 2 x 1.5) same problems.

I printed the small one that worked about 4 or so times, then reloaded the 2 x 2 x 1.5 model and it actually made it halfway through the 2nd layer of the raft before failing with the same issues.

I'm afraid to say it, but I'm beginning to think that there's an issue with the main board/electronic components.

Has anyone experienced something similar and find a solution?