Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    If you are happy with the way that one worked then buy one the same. Personally I would mend it, there is no rocket science in there, something is broken and you can get all the bits fairly easily. It doesn't seem worth buying a whole new one just for that unless you have a desperate need to mend it NOW or you are not inclined to bother, both good reasons for not mending it.
    I was thinking of welding it or even using the cement stuff some people use to secure their thermistor but I need to find out why it's clogging up with filament, you got any idea why it's doing it?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by TehStranger View Post
    I was thinking of welding it or even using the cement stuff some people use to secure their thermistor but I need to find out why it's clogging up with filament, you got any idea why it's doing it?
    is it clogging to the point of pushing that off is it? that's a bit different, as it's got unnatural force on it, apologies if I missed that in your first post.

Have you got some electric guitar string? light gauge?

There are two things that would probably cause that sort of blockage to the point of forcing it out (and you must have some good filament to not shred itself before that happens!) so it's either a blockage or for me, when it's that bad generally I am not printing hot enough for that particular filament.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    is it clogging to the point of pushing that off is it? that's a bit different, as it's got unnatural force on it, apologies if I missed that in your first post.

Have you got some electric guitar string? light gauge?

There are two things that would probably cause that sort of blockage to the point of forcing it out (and you must have some good filament to not shred itself before that happens!) so it's either a blockage or for me, when it's that bad generally I am not printing hot enough for that particular filament.
    Yep.

I don't have any guitar string or light gauge .

I've only used PLA so far and I print at 225c because I got the best results out of that and its also REALLY cold where I live so... ye

Do not go cheap on the hotend. Other than the cold end portion, the hot end is the most important part of a 3D printer. Invest in an authentic J-head or if you want high end, E3DV6.

Quote Originally Posted by MK-X View Post
    Do not go cheap on the hotend. Other than the cold end portion, the hot end is the most important part of a 3D printer. Invest in an authentic J-head or if you want high end, E3DV6.
    Hmmmm, been spending too much money lately

Can you tell me the difference between a J-head and hexagon hot end?

First off, the Jhead has a ptfe liner and cannot heat up as high as an all metal hot end like the hexagon hotend or the E3DV6. However, the jhead is essentially one piece, leaks and jams don't occur often and I, personally have never had my jhead jam or leak. It's reliable like an old toyota or honda. It just keeps on going. I haven't used a Hexagon hotend, but I have heard of leaks and jams are a common issue. Not to say that the E3D doesn't have those issues either, but it is a reputable brand used by many, many people.

First off, the Jhead has a ptfe liner and cannot heat up as high as an all metal hot end like the hexagon hotend or the E3DV6. However, the jhead is essentially one piece, leaks and jams don't occur often and I, personally have never had my jhead jam or leak. It's reliable like an old toyota or honda. It just keeps on going. I haven't used a Hexagon hotend, but I have heard of leaks and jams are a common issue. Not to say that the E3D doesn't have those issues either, but it is a reputable brand used by many, many people.
    So I will only be able to print with ABS and PLA?

With the Jhead? Yes.

With the Jhead? Yes.
    Hmm I am tempted to buy the E3DV6. Should I go for the one with Bowden extras? is it any easier or harder to manage a Bowden setup?

A bowden setup will let you travel faster, less weight on the effector. However, you have to deal with hysterisis and retraction settings on the E3DV6

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast