Close

Threaded View

Exclamation HELP - Filament jam that I can not correct

HELP -

Ender 5 pro, all metal drive, Capricorn bowden tube, Creality Enclosiure.

I did a 19 hour print of a Crocodile Skink in black Creality PLA, came out awesome, decided to do a white one with the same brand filament bought at the same time, new in package, same gcode file. FAIL at 40% - broken off at the drive.

I get that cleared up, start another one, and FAIL around 40% again. Same problem.

I check and clean everything, start another print and FAIL at 5%, i just caught it before the gear cut through the filament.

Clear that jam, double check everything, start another one. FAIL at 20%.

Rinse and repeat, I try changing the hot end temp, flow rate, speed and it keeps jamming between layer 3 and 10.

I change to another known good filament (pteg) and different model and have the same problems.

I replaced the bowden tube, switch to a all metal hot end (started out changing nozzle, but killed the threads so while I was there I just swapped it out). Tried a different print and fail again - same heating element and temp sensor.

Switch to a known good print with that filament and that fails.

When it starts "clicking" on the drive end, I can assist with pushing the filament into the drive and it keeps going, but as soon as I release, it jams up again. Tension on the drive seems to be fine insofar if I either increase pressure it binds and obviously release pressure it starts clicking immediately.

When I just hold my fingers on the filament going into the drive, it feels like it does a retraction READ - the filament shoots back out a few mm, and the clicking starts. Everything points to the hot end, but that should have gone away with the replacement.

Drive gear is not worn out. Print head cooling fan is working. Printer is only 2 months old, as is my printing experience. It will run a Move Axis Extruder (200mm) with only a couple single clicks, but for some reason I can't isolate the cause of print fail happening.
    Last edited by Sticks; 05-01-2022 at 05:38 PM. Reason: SOLVED