Close

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    I Don't own a 3d printer yet but I have used the one at my university to print a bracket for my arduino mega. typical future use once I buy one will be to build light duty brackets or small intricate parts.

So far only for fun/toy projects where the fun is as much in making as in using them. This is for me a great use but have yet to explore others.

Student
    I've been prototyping parts, automotive and RC mainly. My best success has been my quadcopter frame, it took a couple versions but it's finally light and strong. When I crash I can just print new parts if anything breaks.

Unfortunately, I'm just getting started and have yet to print anything - still a spectator.

I have made mounting brackets and other parts for a small robot for a friend. I have just got a kiln so creating parts to be cast in aluminum is on the horizon as soon as I optain crucible and other needed tools. Just got my first printer 3 weeks ago
    Last edited by badscr; 10-31-2014 at 08:31 AM. Reason: add alittle more info

Student
    I use it to make non-functioning prototypes, typically to explore body designs (theme park ride vehicles)

Student
    Follow Grish On Twitter
    Practical stuff, fun stuff, robot parts for arduino. DIY - everything has its own appeal to me (almost). The first thing I ever made was something I could use right of the printer: There are rules for lobster traps in Norway and my crab traps had a circular exit of 80mm (by law to let the baby crabs leave the trap) - lobster traps can have a 60mm opening. Made a square with a hole of 60mm and tied it over the 80mm opening - that feeling was priceless, even though the print was easy as can be =)

Add GameProps on Facebook Add GameProps on Thingiverse
    Depending on the use of the model I use Meshlab, Metasequoia, 3ds Max, Netfabb, ReplicatorG, ZBrush and Sculptris. It all comes down to what am I using the model for and does it need to have more detail.

The production of repair and replacement parts for our manufacturing labs. Some of our machinery dates back to the 1950s and thus has no source for spare parts. With our RoStock, we can produce custom replacement parts and get our equipment back up and running.

making car models is my hobby, and making architectural models is what I have to do for my living

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast