Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    cheers :-)

It's only a couple of weeks untill the tct show at the nec.
    So I'm not buying anything at the moment untill I've been there (hopefully get some filament bargains and maybe some spare bits). That said - I currently don't have any real issues with things sticking.

Just looked through the exhibitors list - and while buildtak aren't listed, there'll probably be someone there using it.

Well my current 'things made of nylon that work' consist of some clips (pics posted of them on my nylon 618 thread) and some hanging loops for teatowels/dishcloths/hand towels etc.
    I'll probably put those on thingiverse at some point. And I'll also make a pre-curved version that works with abs.

It's basically a strip of nylon with a plug at one end and a hole at the other, you poke the plug through the cloth and through the hole and it makes a hanging loop.

We had some many years ago and just haven't been able to get any more since. So I made my own :-) They work great :-)

And at less than 0.5gms of nylon per strip - they're ridiculously cheap. Plus it prints 4 in about 10 minutes.

so decided to look at geraldines motherboard. and yep there are lots of places to get power for the ducting fan, except: 3v, 5v and 24v - no 12v :-(
    on the positive side looks like it should be pretty easy to move the on off switch to the front.

I only have 12v fans. looks like i'll have to take it from the computer psu for now and order a 24v fan.

one of these in fact: http://www.amazon.co.uk/0-10A-5000RP...cp_computers_2
    ordered a bag of 100 m3 nuts as well. less than £3.50 for both :-)
    At the moment I'm thinking Ill take the power from the same connector as the stepper motor cooling fan connector. shouildn't be any kind of load issue as both are 0.1amp. I'll have a word with my electrician mate for some suitable wire and hopefuly she'll be a good one :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-17-2014 at 08:30 AM.