Close

Question Bed level print problem

So recently I have been getting this issue with my bed level prints (Attached JPG). I have an Eryone Thinker S and within the past month I have replaced the nozzle and magnetic bed. I have spent the majority of the past weekend attempting to resolve this issue. I have tried my original bed, no luck. I rotated the bed to check if there was a dip in a certain spot, not that either. I even tried a completely new bed that I had lying around as a spare, nothing. I bumped up my z limit switch as I noticed that the close left corner, where the home location is, was higher than the rest of the buildplate. Before bumping the limit switch up I noticed that with the home corner all the way down, the nozzle was still dragging on the bed cause I could hear it scrape. After bumping the limit switch up a hair, I releveled the bed and still the exact same problem with the print. If I tighten that home corner it seems that where the filament is not sticking will begin to stick a little more, but then you can hear the nozzle scrape or the rest of the print looks off. I watched multiple times as the nozzle attempts to print in that spot of the bed and I can see the filament extruding but it kind of just drags with the nozzle for a few inches before actually sticking to the bed again. My guesses are that there may be an issue with the magnetic heat bed. I even tried putting some foil under the bed to bump up that one spot just a few mm, still no luck. After 3 beds, foil, z offset (limit switch and slicer settings) adjusted, reslicing the bed level print, I am at a loss... I don't know if maybe it is a spot in the bed that might not be getting heated to the right temperature or what. Any recommendations or thoughts on my unfortunate problem would be greatly appreciated cause I don't know what to do!

EDIT: Noticed that the attached photo is off. The bottom right of the pic would be the home corner or front of the bed and the far left would be the back of the bed. So basically a side view of the print sorry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frogstomp; 03-14-2022 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Pic is off

Super Moderator
    Can suggest you get a dial gauge and attach it to the extruder, mark the magnetic bed at several places with a felt tip pen or marker so you can repeat the measurements in the same place. I did twenty in a grid pattern.
    I have just had the same problem with a magnetic bed that is bowed in an arc, from side to side and high in the middle.

I used approx 25mm squares cut from a roll of aluminium adhesive tape, it's about 0.08mm thick. I had up to seven thicknesses in places, but the bed is now level enough to make ASA stick anywhere on it.

So measure the magnetic heat bed you mean? Not the buildplate bed? I figured it wouldn’t be the buildplate bed cause it’s the same for 3 different buildplates

Super Moderator
    That's what I did so you can see more or less where additional shimming is needed, I found the highest spot and then shimmed the lower spots up.

If you need to remove the shims, it's easier to get more than one thickness off and any residue will clean off with acetone.

I'm using bed temps of 95C and at the moment I have not had problems with the shiming.

I used one of the leveling files on Thingiverse, the one with thirteen squares to print, printed at 0.2 layer height.

So I recently upgraded to the latest Cura 4.13.1 and have reset all Cura settings back to default and tried a new bed level test that practically tests all points on the bed and the problem seemed to just vanish after I eventually got the bed level. I don't know if it is a permanent solution when I started tweaking retraction and other settings but I don't feel as bad as I did over the weekend... I appreciate the suggestions