Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Printing issues

Staff Engineer
    that's good news.

Student

Test piece done

The measurment on the test piece in the program is... 105x105x5mm.When i measure it 104.5x104.5x4,95mmThe 104,5 measurment is measured on 3 places, close to corne and middle. They are 104,5mm all places.3 top solids and 3 bottom solids is the settings.And the thickness ,not the height on the piece is 5mm very good.So the extrusion width should be spot on , correct ? Why is there small holes on the top layer ??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Student
    Should i have more extrusion width ? Its 0,4mm as the nozzle is.

Sorry .. its 4,85mm wide when i measure on different points.

Should i increase the extrusion width to get right size and more filling on the top layer or should i do it on another way ?

Im sure there are different ways but im leraning and i want to do the changes initially the coorect way/settings in the beginning.

Staff Engineer
    I've confirmed from the manual that you have a direct drive extruder. The next step is to check your e-stepper calibration. This is the value that the firmware uses to push the correct amount of filament from the nozzle, based on the slicer settings. Create a mark on the filament at the point it enters the top of the extruder. Measure and mark to another point at 95 mm from the first. Repeat this for 100 mm and for 105 mm. Using the machine control feature in Simplify3D, command an extrusion of 100 mm. Ensure that you have also directed the nozzle to heat to the correct temperature for the filament in use.

Observe the marks as the filament is extruded. The 100 mm mark should be at the same location of the 0 mark when the command is completed.

Student
    Ok , but i cant find anywhere in the simplify3d where i cant just command 100mm extrusion. If that is wrong on my machine should i not step up/down the distance for example 65mm/s ?

Student

Strange issue

In the Simplifi3d i have change the offset to z-0,65mm and the thickness of first layer is correct.After thatThere is a choice of extruder calibration on the machine.When i check the calibraton i have z-2,34mm to much.It should be a paper that is about 0,07mm.In the Simplifi3d i have change the offset to z-0,65mm and the thickness of first layer is correct.

Student

Quality

The first layer ,, 0,15mm.. thats correct.The apperance does not look so good , should it not be more compact/melted ? The top layer should it not look more falt/melted ? The measurment on the cube now is 19.93mm and 19.88 on the sides. Thats is normal if there is a shrinks ?The nozzle .. 0,4mm... extrusion width 0,5mm

Staff Engineer
    Your first layer appears to have over-extrusion. What extrusion factor is in place in S3D?

Staff Engineer
    Also, if you have not confirmed the e-steps setting for the extruder, extrusion factor is irrelevant until you can confirm the e-steps. If you can't control the printer in S3D, consider to download Pronterface to provide direct control.

Student
    What do you mean by e-steps settings ? How do i confirm them ? Is it the length 100mm that you wrote about ?

Extrution multiplier=1,00
    Extrution width=0,5mm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast