Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Printing issues

Student

pictures on the cube

More pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff Engineer
    Focusing on the first layer, you could have a number of different problems. Are you certain of the height above the bed? What form of bed leveling, z-height adjustment does that printer use? It's also possible that some of your problems are due to a too-low temperature for the material you're using. Bowden tube or direct drive extruder?

Student
    Direct drive extruder i believe.When i did these pieces i did not have any raft or brimMy cube was about 0,5mm thinker from the bottom. The machine has a little arm that checks the bed. Can i somehow manually mesaure betwwen head and bed like for example with a steel gauge i think its name is. The sheets of steel. I will try to bump it up to 200 and test but i dont thnik it will work. I have tried 220 but no. Is it possible that there is somekind of offset issues ? Should take of the nozzle and check ? I trie to do 9 pieces but half way it did not work. If the first layer is bad on height or quality , does not that effect the hole print ?

Staff Engineer
    Still sticking to the first layer problem, have you followed the instructions on page 30 and onward in the manual?

Student
    The leveling file was not on the USB stick. I levelled the machine earilier but did it again. Then i moved the head above every knob , whent down manually to the papper. Slighty pull on the paper. It shows 1= -0.44mm when it touches the paper. The thickness off the paper is 0,08mm.So if my nozzle would touch the bed it would need Z-0,52mm extra to come to the bed.Should i change that under "Global G-code offsets" in S3d , and is it Z-0.52 or Z+0.52 i should write ?I dont want to adjust the bed wrongly to get right printing. Thats why i want to change it in the program.

Student

First layer

Ok , there were issues with build plate. Now fixed. So i made a offset on z-0,44mm.My first layer looks like this. And the thickness is 0,32mm. So i should change the offset to z-0,61mm. Correct ?

Staff Engineer
    If you have the bed properly adjusted per the manual, you should not have to have changes in the slicer. What is your nozzle size? Most printers ship with 0.4 mm nozzle and a typical layer thickness is half that. One should not attempt to create a layer greater than 0.80 times the nozzle diameter and one should not attempt to create a layer of that size unless the machine is well tuned, which is not yours.

Ensure the instructions are correctly followed, inform me of the layer thickness you are creating and of the nozzle size you have installed.

Student

First layer fixed

So i moved the bed closer , the thickness is about 0,13 to 0,16 on first layer.
    And i believe that it looks correct now.

Student
    The nozzle is 0,4mm , layer thickness is set to 0,15mm

Student
    As you said ,, one thing at a time. Now i have fixed my first layer. Now i can do some test print.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast