Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Printing issues

Student

Printing issues

Hi GuysI have a flashforge guider S2/V2I use simplify3d and i dont understand why i does this , its almost like it is not closing the noozle when moving.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff Engineer
    How much retraction do you use? Also, have you printed a properly configured temperature tower to ensure that you aren't getting high temperature stringing?

Student
    I use 10mm retraction.I have not printed the tower yet , but i will. I think a need a raft in the beginning to make it really flat. Now after a while the bottom warps half way in.At the side of the machine it says remove top lid and open door when printing PLA but it hust made it worse.I need to check my speed settings i think. I printed with flashprint it went nice at the bottom but not the rest , i mean it was ok but it could be better/smoother.

Staff Engineer
    When printing PLA, you would certainly want the door open and the top open. I have an X-max which is enclosed and the same configuration, open door, open top for PLA. If it gets worse, there's something else wrong and the closed door and top are complicating the solution. Ten millimeter retraction is quite high. You've provided a photo, but the details are difficult to determine. Can you describe the fault(s) you are experiencing?

Student
    If lock at the picture you can se white filament , strings inside the hole and outside.

Student
    Tried one more if you look at the the strings they are loose you move them on this piece . 3mm retraction.

Staff Engineer
    At first glance, I would suggest a lack of support. Additionally, one requires acceptable levels of cooling when printing without supports, which then provides a more solid foundation for each succeeding layer. If you're printing with the door closed and the top in place, it's possible there's too much heat and that's preventing the bridging from functioning properly. Consider to download a bridging test model and print with your current configuration (door closed, top on) and then again with the door open and top off. Change no other parameters and compare (and post) the results.

Student
    Now when you say it .. of course its supports issue , one layer at the bottom gave support issues and the rest follows.I had the door closed with the lid on top and the rest looked good. I will test a couple of files that are for testing.If you look at picture 2 , why is there small zits but reversed into the the part ? Is that start line for the layers and tis missing material because of the retraction settings ?

Staff Engineer
    Is your printer a direct drive extruder or bowden tube type? The inverted portions in the second photo could be retraction related, it's hard to determine.

Student

Some more tests done with pictures

The tower no stringing. Great. Only small nubbs as you can see in the picutre on the tower. But i think i can iliminate them if i turn of the feeding 0,1mm before movement. You can not feel them with your fingers. I did the cube also. I was great. The only thing with cube is on the corners it makes it a bit like zit. So if you measure on the corners its bigger. The size on the cube is 19,80 mm exept if i measure the jight on it. Then it is 20,35mm.Then i tried the multi 3D testprint with many difficult parts in it.Got problems from the start as you can see. It did not stick on one corner. And it looks really wrong the first layer.Is there something wrong with my first layer height or settings in S3D ? I tried the default settings in S3D on all items. No top lid or door.190CBed:50As on the advice on the filament.0,15mm per layerFirst layerLayer height - 100%Layer width - 100%Layer speed - 50%

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast