Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Making anything that's not a boring bright green bunny, I am tired of seeing printers advertised all printing the same thing in the same 80's fluro colours.

Spare parts that I cannot find anywhere I can now print. Besides that it is important that I learn this production technique before it is largely used to have an advantage in my field of work.

Printing parts that we can't buy for an old truck we bought

Student
    Follow MsBreKArt On Twitter Add MsBreKArt on Thingiverse
    I see 3Dprinting as a learning tool. I am trying to build a 'library' of 3D prints to show to other teachers and to students.

Althought I have prototyped a part for someone, and have been making 1/10 scale RC detailed parts, for me it will be the Architectural Models I will be creating soon.

I would say personalizing things for people. I print on top of light switch covers, and put whatever people or businesses are looking for. Every thing is so cookie cut these days, which is cool for some things, but people still do like to have some things customized just for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachout View Post
    Althought I have prototyped a part for someone, and have been making 1/10 scale RC detailed parts, for me it will be the Architectural Models I will be creating soon.
    I have a guy at work that has been looking for less expensive parts for his 1/10 scale truck. I think this is something that is going to become higher and higher in demand from 3d printing.

I have used 3D printing to make different lampshades.

3d print a prototype is so different than to watch a render. It could be a perfect render but having an object in your hands is a totally different thing.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Designing and making things I can't buy.
    And also repairing things round the house, and making adaptors.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-12-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast