First of all I'm not suggesting the only answer is to stop all imports from over seas. 3D printer manufacturers must retain good relations with reliable trading partners to provide affordable printers at a reasonable price. It's called outsourcing and there's a reason more and more companies are doing it. However, 3D printers are in a category all their own compared to ANY other commodity traded. Simply because they are producers themselves. When a world full of informed people can make the decision to either ship and package each item individually, or ship an item to make potentially an infinite amount of other items, then the answer is obvious.

Secondly we made the website to primarily educate people of the advantages of 3D printing, and the direction it's heading. Yes I'm selling printers and filament from makerbot exclusively at the moment. That's just to simplify the business start up. I chose makerbot because they have a proven record of success through innovation and great customer service. Soon I will be offering other printers and hardware/filament/etc from other companies as well, in case you were wondering.

3D OZ, I'm sorry you purchased such an unreliable 3D printer. If you're interested in getting a new one, I can get you a makerbot at full retail price HAHA =]