Close

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    I'm still new to the field, so I may be mentioning something that already exists, but a material that can be set to deliver PANTONE-quality and compatible colors to a common foundation. Also, and I see this has been mentioned, a conductive material.

Student
    First thing that came to mind was conductive materials.

Going on a slight tangent, but it would be cool to see filament/software combinations to create gradients on a print - whether the color shift comes from one spool that has multiple colors chained or a multi-spool support.

Student
    conductive

non-solid color - variegated/camo (could make prints look better without having to paint), metal flecks/GLITTER (would be awesome but may clog), edible filament (a bit of a stretch but fun)

It would be nice if someone came out with a filament that has more strength then your average pla or abs filament. steel reinforced or something.

Can you guys make some filament that changes color when the temperature changes (think mood ring filament?)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

This is a question posed by 3DFilaPrint
    Earn 1 additional entry for replying to this thread and answering the following question:

What new material do you think the filament market isn't providing, or isn't providing well?
    Metal type filaments. I know this is a difficult thing as metals don't print well but using a paste extruder and a material similar to Precious Metal Clays that could be fired in a post process fashion to create 3D items in metal would be a great alternative to actually printing in metal using a FDM style printer

Student
    Follow Grish On Twitter
    graphene - I read that Graphene 3D Lab Inc are working on this. Will be awsome to print custom made power sources.
    rubber material - biodegradable material - reusable materials: Probably need some kind of melting machine that makes your filament back into wire - or "just" a melting chamber integrated in the printer that you can toss old printed parts into.

Add GameProps on Facebook Add GameProps on Thingiverse
    Perhaps the one type of filament I have heard the most complaints about has been the clear filament. Everything from it jamming up an extruder (worse than other filaments have) to issues with layer sticking. The filament I would like to see most of all would be a alumide filament.

The capacity to produce optical elements via FFF, even if it included post-processing.

I think having flavored, candy type filament could be provided.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast