Close

Thread: 1st 3D Printer

Threaded View

Smile 1st 3D Printer

Hi guys,

Been reading up a lot on 3D printers and there a good and bad review for every printer I've looked at, so I'd decided to list some requirements and see which is the closest:-

1. Easy to use, reliable, something that will last a while and obviously, something that is easy to print successfully (I guess I will be starting with PLA)

2. I like auto-bed levelling but I'm not sure if that is just replacing a 5 minute job (with a4 paper and the bed screws/wheels) and not sure how often I'd need to do it

3. I also like the flexible base, as this seems the easiest to remove your print jobs (again, not sure how big of a deal this is and unsure if I really need to apply Glue stick or even hairspray to the printer bed)

4. Size wise 250 x250 would probably be my max size but like others I am just feeling my way around these numbers.

5. Cost - let's say £500 but there's not exact limit and initially my printing volume will be fairly low, as other than for a couple of jobs, I am just buying to play.

Now the nice to have's:-

6. I'd like the ability to print more than one colour (ideally without unloading/reloading)

7. I'd like to be able to perform maintenance / upgrades easily.In terms of models, I have looked at:-

A. The Ender 3 v2.0 - Don't like the add on auto-bed leveller, lack of flexible base and no touch screen

B. The Cubic Vyper - Seems to have most of what I am looking for, off the bat, but have heard the support is poor

C. The Geetech M20 - As this one could print more than one colour

D. The Prusa i3 - The most expensive out of the bunchAny advice appreciated

Thanks in advance

TK :-)
    Last edited by tk007b; 01-04-2022 at 05:59 PM.