Close

Question Anet Et5x issue with homing (Z-axis)

This is my first 3d printer; I found a how-to on flashing BLT and marlin. During some research on this model, I found a major complaint was the firmware, and the majority recommended flashing marlin and using octoprint. So I compiled using the auto build in visual studio and flashed away and thought I had most everything working except for the ABL, which I was going to adjust later, so I manually leveled using the add on in octoprint, started heating the extruder to make sure that the temps would be steady and found that the hot end would not rise above 120C, after more research I came across PID tuning and followed the steps for that. It didn't seem to help; after further investigation, I found that the prior owner had installed a microswiss hot end and hadn't attached the thermistor correctly to the block. It was dangling inside the fan shroud, so now I figured it ruined the heater by the thermistor not reading correctly. Still, during that attempt, the firmware came up with the heating failed error and instructed a reboot, I obliged, but after that, the Z-axis would not be home anymore when homing. The axis would only move up 20mm (10mm at a time)—tried changing settings to no avail. So I thought that maybe the reboot caused corruption in the firmware, so I recompiled and reinstalled marlin, still wouldn't come home—fast forward the subsequent eight recompiles, hours of scouring Google, and nothing. I hooked up STLink and found the updated factory firmware on Anet3d's website. I flashed the hex file using STLink and.... same thing!!!!! I'm baffled and highly irritated now. Rewiped the chip and tried the generic marlin using the easy config to see if something in the configure file was wrong. The same thing again, now I'm beyond knowing what to do next, so I tried to reflash the chip one more time, and now the touch screen is messed up. The graphics are fine, but the touch positions are way off. If I try to press the settings icon or the position bar to home everything, nothing happens, but if I tap just right, the extrusion speed or bed temp will pop up, but the slider touch is 3/4 of the way up the screen from where the slider graphic is located. I'm at my wit's end and ordered a new control board from Anet3d, but I'm still waiting on it to arrive. In the meantime, I'd like to try and ascertain what happened as I don't want to ruin another board if it is something that I did to cause it.I'm still trying to figure out how to attach or create a link to my current config files, so maybe someone could look at those and see if it's a config issue or if the control board just bit the dust.Thanks

Config files

Configure files
    Attached Files Attached Files