Close

Artillery Sidewinder X1: Printing wobbly lines

Hi everyone! I'm new here, nice to meet you all. I've been using my Artillery Sidewinder (my first 3D Printer) for about six months now. I love the learning curve with 3D printing. It's like everything new you learn leads to better prints, and it's really rewarding! Anyway, that said, I've recently run into a weird problem. My prints are all looking super wiggly.
    20211125_092447.jpg

The outlines are wiggly, the straight lines are wiggly. It's all wiggly. I did notice that my idler arm (the plastic one that comes with the printer) had sheared in two, so I figured that was my problem. So I got a replacement metal one and installed it into the printer myself. Like I said, I'm a newbie, so I could well have screwed that up, I suppose. But it was printing wiggly before, and now I have the new idler arm in place, all tight and holding the filament, it's doing the exact same thing.
    20211125_093220.jpg
    20211125_100726.jpg

I'm wondering if maybe my extruder is too low down? I guess maybe it could be squishing my filament onto the build plate too hard? I've leveled the bed like a million times, because that seems like it would probably be the problem, but still I'm getting the same result. It looks like maybe there is some more burned edges or missing sections toward the bottom-left corner of the bed (i.e. toward the front of the machine, to the viewer's left as you look at it)
    20211125_092036.jpg

Not sure that picture really shows it exactly, but the bottom-left corner sometimes seems worse than the rest... Do you think this might be a Cura settings issue? There has probably been at least one Cura update since I last had a successful build; possibly two. If anyone thinks they could share some 3D printing wisdom with me, I'd be really grateful! Thanks in advance. If you need any more info from me, just ask and I'll try to get it. Thanks!!
    Last edited by Baronsquee; 12-03-2021 at 04:44 PM.