Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    There are plenty of items that are originally made from plastic, but 3D printed plastic parts can't compete with. High strength and High temperature materials will become increasingly important as 3D printing prototypes become more popular. practical uses include handles, latches, joints, items subject to vibration and high tensile or compressive forces.

Student
    I would see that the carbon fiber filament perhaps holds the highest potential because of the strength to weight ratio that it offers. There is always a need for stronger prototypes to be used in testing before actually going into production.

Student
    Anything that flies, like model rockets. They won't be as solid as the ones made out of carbon fiber parts made with the classic manufacturing process, but 3D printing makes prototyping much faster!

Automotive parts. the high temp pla seems pretty cool!

Medical parts, would be my best guess.

Student
    car parts, I had a plastic water hose crack. I would have considered this at the time to fix it.

The carbon fiber reinforced one could be used for high quality automotive replacement parts like black trims and bumpers.

shatter resistant phone cases.

Polycabonate-ABS Alloy

Polycabonate ABS could be used to 3d print stronger gears. I'v made a lot of plastic gears and under high stress situations, the plastic chips, melts or just breaks down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

This is a question posed by ProtoPlant
    Earn 1 additional entry for replying to this thread and answering the following question:

What are some practical uses for our exotic 3d printer filament? Visit
    proto-pasta.com and then share your idea!
    Hobbyist type applications such as RC cars or Helicopters. They don't need to be supper strong but the carbon fiber PLA could be used for accessory parts.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast