Close

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Aerospace materials, maybe

Follow joealarson On Twitter Add joealarson on Facebook Add joealarson on Google+ Add joealarson on Shapeways Add joealarson on Thingiverse
    Same thing I use everything for. Toys and games.

parts and things for boats

Add GameProps on Facebook Add GameProps on Thingiverse
    A little bit of everything honestly from custom car parts to model kits.

Student
    aviation and aerospace applications, sports equipment, racing industry.

I also see possibilities in urban design, using less material for the same structural integrity.

Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    Paintball and airsoft parts for carbon fiber PLA. Cooking utensils for high temp PLA. Self defense weapons such as batons for the Polycarbonate ABS

Technician
    Anything where strength in a small or light part is desired. Automotive, aviation, many hobbies, sports equipment, etc

I would use the carbon fiber filament to prototype parts for a multirotor drone.

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    Q: What are some practical uses for our exotic 3d printer filament? Visit proto-pasta.com and then share your idea!

A: The metallic filaments are very nifty. I would attempt to use these in locking mechanisms and other project that require durability & rigidity. The fact that magnets are attracted to the material opens up many options for hinge/door connections. If used in conjunction with some insulation material and a high conductive filament you could create some very neat electronic devices.

This stuff is too cool! My daughter and her husband just bought an old house and there are some cast iron fixtures that are broken or missing and are simply unavailable elsewhere. They are only cosmetic so I'm wondering if this stuff might do the job of creating replacements. I can't wait to try it!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast