Close

Methods of continuing a print when spool of filament runs out?

What do you guys do when you are in the middle of a print and the filament spool runs out? Is there a way to generally keep the print going with a new spool, or is the print basically ruined? I've had this happen to me several times and have been extremely pissed off each time. Is there some sort of device I can use to connect the tales of the filament? What do you guys normally do?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by RepRapOwner View Post
    What do you guys do when you are in the middle of a print and the filament spool runs out? Is there a way to generally keep the print going with a new spool, or is the print basically ruined? I've had this happen to me several times and have been extremely pissed off each time. Is there some sort of device I can use to connect the tales of the filament? What do you guys normally do?
    I think you should buy Pedros Fuse. It is still a project that is in the Kickstarter project, however it is 100% funded and he will release the machine very soon. I think it will cost around 60 USD.

I just pause the print, switch out the filament, then resume the print.

repetier software
    bukobot printer

depend on your printer. there should be a "change filament" during printing. it will automatically continue where it left.
    dont let the filament to run out completely.