Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Conductive filaments.

A material that allows for easier printing of high quality models with complex shapes - having to bake afterwards to properly bond or strengthen is not an issue.
    Perhaps a graphite like conductor and of course; costs of standard materials should be cheaper (even if it's just a single color that is cheaper then the rest; just for simple prototyping.)

Technician
    Add Zulfe on Thingiverse
    What new material(s) do you think the filament market isn't providing, or isn't providing well?

I think all filaments could be a little less expensive. Granted, you can print quite a lot with 1kg of filament, but $30 is a little much for what you do get.

I would love to be able to print with a high conductivity filament.

I fiberglass type similar to FRP

Hi all,
    I would like to see, glitter filament, filament with a scent, elastic filament (like a rubber band), all this for a affortable price.

Kind regards,
    Natascha

I would like to see more color change materials. Like UV, only more than just white to purple. More like temp changing materials. I found one on makergeeks, that goes from grey to clear. I would like to see more color changing variations. I know this sounds like a crazy idea, but maybe someone will figure it out, special material that the printer itself could alter the color to many variations. I know, that's think way outside the box. lol

Same question of 3dfilaprint, same answer. I believe that the color choice is too small. There should be more colors like with paint. You choose the RAL and your filament can print objects with a precise color of your need.

As I said in a previous thread, customized coloring of filament while printing exists but has yet to reach the mainstream market.

I would really love to see a dedicated support material to be used in machines with duel extruders. Support made of the same material are great, they get the job done, but there is almost always a difference in surface finish once its removed. And in prints with internal cavities, support of the same materials is pretty much unusable because there's no way of removing the support afterwards.

A dedicated support material that dissolves in water or other solvent would be amazing. Or even a plastic with a much lower melting point. Something that can be removed but provide a solid/clean surface to print overhangs and cavities on. This is widely used in Objet's Polyjet technology.

I know there are solutions out there, but I feel like there could be a dedicated material tuned for support use.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast