Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco View Post
    Are you saying that SLS is less user friendly then fff?

(SLS) Quickly dusting away the powder VS manually removing support material (FFF).

I'll pick SLS any day. It's far superior IMO.
    Well, looking at the 70+ different FFF parts i printed in the last year, i'd say maybe 5, max 10 had support material. But with SLS i would have to clean each one of them. So...more post-processing with SLS in general.

But the finish is better with SLS i guess, compared to FFF. But maybe not that much better than DLP ? Which is my next printer i'm receiving in November (and no powder to remove, maybe a quick alcohol wipe).

Technician
    Follow JSenior On Twitter Add JSenior on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugues View Post
    Well, looking at the 70+ different FFF parts i printed in the last year, i'd say maybe 5, max 10 had support material. But with SLS i would have to clean each one of them. So...more post-processing with SLS in general.

But the finish is better with SLS i guess, compared to FFF. But maybe not that much better than DLP ? Which is my next printer i'm receiving in November (and no powder to remove, maybe a quick alcohol wipe).

With SLS you don't have to worry about supports, you don't have to worry about warping. 99% of the time, what you try to print, is exactly what you'll get out of the machine. You can nest all your parts within each other so can fill the entire build area with multiple parts. It also very quick and very cheap once you own the machines. Post processing consists of some compressed air unless you want to do extra smoothing.

If this was a £20k order and I could have one now (as long as it is as good as it looks,) then I would buy one. I can't imagine there's going to be many takers on putting down the money now, with the hope you'll receive a working model in a year however.

The Kickstarter project for Ice1 and Ice9 has just launched: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nters?ref=card

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    versus dlp - sls gives a much wider range of materials, larger builds and no light sensitive liquids.

I don't see the resin based printers lasting the course for anything but niche markets like orthodontics and jewellery where small volume high details is necessary.

Could be wrong but looking at the whole 3d printing cene in general, resin based systems just don't seem to offer much in comparison to other systems.

Student
    Follow David M Ponder On Twitter
    Hi All,

Has anyone here heard what become of Norge Systems since it failed to get funding on Kickstarter?
    I have read on their website that they have joined with Prodways but there is little information about any product release dates or even still order details?
    Has anyone actually order one and if so what happened, what feedback was there, what promise/commitment was there to honour any agreement?
    I am most interested to know how this all has panned out?

Kind regards,

David

Staff Engineer
    As far as I know, if a Kickstarter project doesn't reach its goal, nobody gets charged for their pledges. Here's what they say on their site (but it's vague): http://www.norgesystems.com/ice-9-lo...sls-3d-printer

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12