Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Engineer
    Thermal expansion of wood is 1/4 that of steel. If your wood is expanding because of moisture then you are not using your printer enough methinks.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Why does wood adversely affect the print quality?
    wood does not affect the print quality in any way at all that I can tell, it's the noisy vibrations it produces that are the problem, you can't get a noiser 3d printer, even when it's not printing its terrible.

My machine has not warped in the wooden body at all and prints fine after 1600 hours, its the build plate that didn't last the distance without warping, and that was aluminum.

So bottom line regardless of frame this printer is good? Idk if the main purpose that I want to use it for would help any but primary use would be to print about 1-1/2 inch tall by 1/2 inch wide mouthpieces.

Engineer-in-Training
    Any idea if the temp goes high enough for PET ?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    The hardware and software of the 3D printer is suitable for printing accelerated ( acceleration ), thereby accurately driving speeds of more than 180 mm / sec. be achieved.
    180mms !
    seriously - has anyone ever tried that ?
    Pretty sure the honeycomb infill at that speed would cause the whole thing to shake itself to pieces !

There is no mention of the case material - and if you're in a enviromentally stable normal room (ie: not printing outside) the wood case is extremely good.

Plus I like the retro look on what is essentially a piece of science fiction come good :-)

Staff Engineer
    180mm/s infill... Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    at that speed your printer would look more a washing machine than a printer, your prints wont like that

Technician
    I was ready to buy a printer last week, after 2 months of lurking on boards like this one and checking out youtube vids, etc. I was really thinking about getting this one and called the dealer/guy that's selling this. No answer, left a message with my contact info. Never heard from them/him. Ordered a Maker Farm 10" last Friday. I really thought it would be nice to have dual extruders, but if I can't reach the people I buy it from for issues or questions, I guess this isn't the printer for me. Looking forward to getting the Maker Farm next week though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12