Close

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    My colleague Mike. He has the sort of mindset that would allow him to dissect the machine and how it operates enough to really push the envelope of 3d printing.

Student
    To my university. There I learned everything I know about 3D printing and advanced electronics, thanks to professors who really enjoyed making their students learn.

As said above I believe that 3d printing will be a very valuable tool that student will be able to take advantage of. this technology could help bring more students into the Stem fields of study. So with that I believe that a 3d Printer would be very valuable in the classroom!

I think to a design school as a learning tool.

Student
    If I had 1 printer I would give it to me (just being for real here). If I had one to give (it couldn't be me or I had 2 printers). I would ask a younger tech minded friend if he could use it. or school or start a maker-type club. or baby seals, oops wrong feel-good answer. Though the maker club sounds fun

1st. Not so much giveaway as make avalible to the public in a public place.
    I would setup a 3d printer at say the local Lowes that would be in a clear box that a user printing something could lock the door. There are a lot of details but that's it in a but shell. Why so every one could have access to it at a very cheap cost. And would get a lot of foot traffic to see it work and that would be very good ploblicity.

2nd. Give it to a middle school. Preferred one right next to a elementary school so both would have access. Although middle schoolers are probably the youngest that could use the software needed

3rd. If I had to give it away, i would give it to my nice she would love it. Why because I already have one.
    Last edited by badscr; 10-31-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: to clearify

My local library; it would be a good addition to the kid's area or to include it in the techie classes they often give.

THere is a museum magnet school up the road that is completely hands on. Giving them a 3D printer would really help the kids with their projects.

http://www.normalpark.com/

to a museum trust actually

Follow joealarson On Twitter Add joealarson on Facebook Add joealarson on Google+ Add joealarson on Shapeways Add joealarson on Thingiverse
    To be honest, I'd rather have a 3D printer that I could give to anyone. 3D printers are pretty labor intensive tools with the slicing and prepping and calibrating and leveling etc. They're getting better, but they're not perfect yet.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast