Close

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    how to manage different software, from slicers to design applications.

!Sketchup ftw!

Technician
    the hardest for me was learning AutoCad to actually make the 3d models, it takes a lot of time to put your idea into a working model, i've tried 123D and its easier, but still takes lots of effort

how a human could interpret the information sent to the actual printer (gcode)

Sorting through alllllll the consumer targeted printers available to try to figure out which is the best one to buy as a first printer and which one to save up for once I've developed my skills. The field grows daily and the tech is advancing so rapidly it's tough to keep up with. I spend at least an hour a day reading about 3D printing.

Student
    Add corben33 on Thingiverse
    The most difficult thing for me to learn about 3D printing has been trying to figure out the differences between filament brands. Since I am a teacher, I have been testing out filaments (all PLA) from multiple vendors to try and see which was the highest quality for the lowest price. Little did I know that each filament is a little bit different with some running well at 185C and some running well at 190C (any many in between). It would be nice if everything was consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

This is a question posed by 3DSupplyWorld.com.
    Earn 1 additional entry for replying to this thread and answering the following question:

What was/is the most difficult thing for you to learn/understand about 3D Printing?
    The minimum parameters, I'd love to do miniature things, but a lot of times I found an error or misprinted parts... still not get it.

How to determine what resolution your print will be.

Student
    Follow Mtomalty On Twitter Add Mtomalty on Facebook
    I find the operation of the machine to be the worst

I am having difficulties with my machine losing connection with my computer - if I had a better printer this probably wouldn't be an issue

Student
    Follow yoman258 On Twitter Add yoman258 on Facebook
    All of the factors that go into getting a perfect print. You have to figure out what the best speed is for your model, the right temperature, make sure the room is at a constant temperature, you make sure there aren't any strange breezes, make sure there are no rogue vibrations.

It is challenging and frustrating trying to get everything right, but it's also incredibly fun and rewarding to figure it all out yourself.

What was/is the most difficult thing for you to learn/understand about 3D Printing?

The hardest part for me is trying to talk to some people on other forums who get so fiery angry at the printers when they are first starting out.
    Printing is an art form and too many people are in expectance of instant gratification.

When trying to make a business with a printer as well, people see a 9x6x3 part as a "small" piece of plastic and would like it today for dirt cheap.
    The reality is I will spend 2 days of my time trying to perfect the file and doing a test print or two, being completely focused on that one item, and pretty much working for pennies in the end.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast