Close

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    All of the software parts are the most difficult for me to understand, from building the models to the slicing and using some of the scanning tools. I have a hard time understanding why there isn't more integration from model to print.

I currently don't have a 3d printer. Guess the most difficult would be to learn how to design the object(s) that I need/want to create

i dont have any formal training in autocad or any design software. Its been a little bit of a struggle in which i have been trying to self teach the software

I am self studying the software I am using, I usually have no idea if the file - thickness, dimensions details - are ok to print before I upload it to one of the service companies. I wish it could be a easy checking software or plug in for printer/material I wish to use.

What programs to use. I am having trouble deciding whether to invest in a program such as solidworks (free while im in school) or start to learn one of the free programs.

Where to start if I want to connect with local makerspaces, enthisiasts, hobbyists outside of professional design settings

Calibrating, I still don't know if I have the first layer correct or if I'm over extruding, all I know is that am happy with the results of the print, still haven't printed anything pas 3 hours,

Oh and part worpping.

I've got a printrbot simple.

The modeling in 3d to make an object for printing. But, that's just a matter of inexperience. I'll learn.

Student
    The workflow from model to printer. "printer" suggests a simplicity of command+P and click OK. 3d printing you have to have the right format, slice it, send it the printing software which translates to g-code, ... and this is probably an over-simplification

3d modeling is the biggest hurdle. Without the knowledge to 3d model, most people are stuck with what CAD files they can find on the internet

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast