Close

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The most difficult thing about 3D printers, is not the printer itself, but rather designing good 3D models.

for me Gitting hold of a printer to practice on

Mid print cooling, bridging and overhang toleration depending on the printer and fillament.

Most difficult thing to understand for me is how heat affects the model; how heat the nozzle is, which is then transferred in the model (also the parts that were already printed) and make it warp.
    Because you only want your current layer to bond with the previous layer and nothing else; difficult to understand how to set up the printed to achieve this result.

Technician
    Add Zulfe on Thingiverse
    What was/is the most difficult thing for you to learn/understand about 3D Printing?

It was very difficult for me to learn how to 3D model for 3D printers. I still have trouble smoothing edges and making models look good. There's still more to learn, but I'm content that I can at least design simple stuff that works.

The most difficult for me is linked to the specifics of each material and their repercussion in terms of design, material handling and manufacturing process (temp, bed coating, ...).

Learning how to convert models that I currently work with in my CAD Program. I draw and design in 3d but cannot go directly to printing from my Autodesk program and the transition is clumsy

I study Industrial Product design, so modeling was no problem.
    At the beginning calibrating the 3D Printer was quite difficult, first you make a lot of failed objects.

Also, the electronics were interesting but new for me to learn as well, as I added a heated bed and had to replace the thermistor and atmega chip.

I own an Prusa Mendel I2.

Kind regards,
    Natascha

The most difficult thing to learn, for me, was to design good 3d complex objects and repair the problems that will arise for sure (flipping normals, holes and so on). I can create easily a nice object that render to a photorealistic picture but transforming that to a printable objects could be not simple at all!

The most difficult thing for me to understand is why it is taking so long to catch on. 3D printing is awesome, so many uses, throw more scientist/users at it to solve any current issues!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast