OK for the last year I have been looking for a 3d printer, at least on and off that is. I would do a little research here and there. What I found is I am still confused on which is a safe company to do business with. I will be making everything from a lego block to interior parts for cars.

Here is what I am looking for
Plug and play. Not looking to build my own. I have built a CNC mill (well retro fitted and X3) and dont want to that it again!
Dual filament (if possible or more, but not opposed to having just 1 if it means it is better than the rest)
ABS and PLA compatible
Fast machine
Biggest work surface that I can get
Ease of use, great software or programs that can be used with it.
USB, Wifi and all the other bells and whistles like LCD screen, maybe a camera and???
I have read stuff about heated platforms, glass platforms etc etc.

I have up to $3000 to spend on this and I have looked at makerbot, cubify and a couple of others. I have tried to read through reviews and for some reason I keep coming back to the makerbot 2X. But I am not sure if this is just a brand name thing that keeps bringing me back. What other systems am I missing and more importantly for my price range what would you guys buy that is turn key and ready to go? What do you feel is the best in class machine for that price? regardless of my needs and why?

Thanks in advance and I am sorry for yet another which machine should I buy post!