Close

Threaded View

Ender 5 Pro, DD added issues with extrusion, heylp

So my E5Pro was working well, no issues with adhesion, decent prints on PLA, but I wanted to use TPU which I tried but loads of stringing etc.So I decided to get a direct drive avove the Hotend to help with retraction and stringing.Fitted the kit and changed the Esteps from 93 to 130 as stated, however the extrusion is really poor.So I removed the Hotend heated up and requested 100mm (using Mattercontrol). But only got 35mm ish, so have increased the Esteps to 450 approximately which now extrude 100mm when asked. However I don't think this is correct.The DD extruder extension cable swaps the 4 stepper motor to reverse so R, B, W, Bl to Bl, W, B, R which shouldn't cause issues but I think this cable or a faulty stepper is the cause (stepper wasn't faulty up until the DD was fitted.The change in Esteps from 93 to 130 was to compensate for the smaller extruder gear, did the math and 130 should be correctl but isn't hence 450 ish.Any historic advise or knowledge on this would be great.One other point there was a note to change - #define INVERT_EO_DIR to false, but the cable should do this and I don't know how to make this change.Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Broughski; 09-19-2021 at 12:27 PM.