Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by 34Ford View Post
    Hey Geoff, you make any parts for the Cinetank?
    Only leg extenders so far, or things people have sent me to replicate like the motor mount bottoms (a good crash seems to break that sealed black base pretty easy on the bottom of the motors) But not owning one limits you to what you can make of course...

The issue I have found with selling quad parts is simply fitting, nothing worse that printing something you don't own yourself only to find out the scale is off when the customer gets it, so I pretty much have stuck to making things that I myself have, so I can be 100 percent sure I wont be sending out replacements for anything, which I learnt the hard way of course. In fact, I had such a problem with some parts I bought the quad and/or flight controllers specifically for printing out parts, and not actually flying them, how crap is that!

Technician
    Well, you guys have convinced me to spend a lot of money last night. I had been having some recurrent problems with the extruders and my FF finally died last night. Taking everything apart showed that the extruder gear/wheel was stripped on both sides, nozzles hopelessly plugged with gunk, etc. Guess I shouldn't be surprised after some 1000 hours of printing. I ordered a new dual extruder assembly and also ordered a fairly inexpensive generic reprap printer that should be here Saturday. With any luck by the end of next week I'll have two printers up and running. My original FF setup had already paid for itself and by my math last night's purchase will pay itself off in less than a month if I'm lucky. I'm not certain the wife is going to get that, however. Who is letting me sleep on their couch if I have a problem?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so what do you call 'inexpensive' ?

I haven't seen any half decent printers as cheap as the flashforge and other makerbot clones.

And are you going to have to build it ?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    so what do you call 'inexpensive' ?

I haven't seen any half decent printers as cheap as the flashforge and other makerbot clones.

And are you going to have to build it ?
    $500, but it's a single extruder and requires assembly. In retrospect, the dual extruder design on my FF wasn't something I really needed. I've been using it for just over a year and have some 1000 hours on it and I've never once found a use or need for dual extrusion. The other extruder did get used obviously, but it was simply to load up with another spool of the same color so it was ready to go when the other spool ran out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12