Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hello 3D (proper) printer team,
    It is me again with new idea. This time is related with “printing head”(in text PH). Generic layout is single PH, what about idea to make “cluster” of 5 PH? Good reason is to allow prints on a large scale. Central print head will do what is designed to (size wise), additional PH will be placed on each side of the first PH in such way to share piece of common (task) track and taking over from first printing head if program (size of the object) reaches this additional printing head area.
    Also multi printing option can be arranged simultaneously. Multitasking printing head will be great asset for this project.
    Good work 3D printer team!
    Last edited by kmak; 12-19-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Staff Engineer
    I'd love to see a large-scale print, or one with print-in-place features.

Frankly, I'd love for every 3D Printer on Kickstarter to do an update with prints of 3D Kitbash's "3D Printer Test Kit". Though I've got confidence that the Peachy would likely ace most of the chips in the set after seeing the update with the Julia Vase.

Sadly, I wasn't able to back the project. (I got my job about a week after the Kickstarter finished.) I'll just have to wait until summer and get mine when the store opens up.

i actually had a few thought about printing speed and accuracy some of my ideas will definitely break the 100$ barrier but maybe something for a pro version?
    OK so here are my thoughts i would use a peristaltic pump instead of the drip system.those pump are inexpensive easy to make and can be very accurate (probably more accurate that the drip allowing more control over z axis and no wasted time waiting for the drips) i imagine you could even use the drip system as a bootstrap and print the pump yourself.
    i was thinking that if you use a floating base to limit resin use and focusing issue you might try to use the electrical resistance of the saline to get a very accurate feedback on effective water height (z axis)
    maybe the use of low power supersonic transducer can solve the problem of the resin not flowing fast enough. you could induce microscopic "waves" or a kind of surface creeping to speed up resin flow onto the object
    maybe you could investigate the simultaneous use of multiple peachy to speed up bigger objects (each peachy printing a part of the whole at the same time)
    i have one last idea which is kinda "out there" don't know if its even possible but how about using some kind of maglev technology to suspend the mirrors (no wear and tear because there are no strings and possible even reduced resistance to movements)
    keep up the good work everyone ..

Hi Rylan,GyroLaserFrame1.jpg
    I was thinking for long time over the passed holydays and I came to conclusion that you do not need mirrors at all to achieve same functionality of printers head. Mirror are good but simpler solution is Gyro Sphere. Using same effect of gyro movement rotation of the ring around x- axes and rotating with ring around y- axes. From SF movies closest analogy is “Deep Space 9” station which has “horns”. If you take two of these objects, one smaller (holds laser) and one bigger connected with x rotation axes to each other and bigger one connected with frame through y rotation axes.
    Horns on each of rings are spherical solenoid cores which are controlled with wire windings. Movements are controlled at the same principle but no mirrors. Default position of the laser is centre of the structure hanging like pendulum. Gravity does its work and when is not current in the windings it is stabile in the origins. Following drawing showing my idea.

3D version of idea is following....GyroLaserFrame3D.jpg hope next iteration of product will concider this option. Cheers

Engineer-in-Training
    I assume that the arms/horns are driven by a stepper motor or something? I am having trouble figuring out the exact method of mechanical movement in your design.

Staff Engineer
    Kmak, the machine you are describing is called a gimbal (a "solenoid actuated double gimbal" if you want to be precise.). They were used all the time in old mechanical gyroscopic mountings and are still used for things like camera positioning and such. Consider though that you need to move the beam around in a somewhat gyroscopic motion very rapidly to project the image needed for the printing. Moving the actual laser housing at that speed can shake loose connections or even damage the lasing chamber itself over time. Also, having it subject to gravity like a pendulum means it will swing back out of position with every movement due to momentum.

I don't mean to burst your bubble. Hope you keep coming up with ideas.
    Last edited by Feign; 01-11-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Hi,
    If I translate your text properly mass is the problem!? Inertia as they call it (I agree that could be problem). This is motorized “gimbals” :-D . What is interesting to now is “speed” of moving laser beam necessary to do proper work. My proposal is simple way to control device laser beam to hit surface directly. Not through mirrors reflection. Hope there are some electric driven devices (small pancake stepper motors) with high torque and enough speed to do the job. Bubble burst is not at all case. It is idea (for the next iteration in R&D) how to make product printing head more solid. Changing (ageing) mirrors would be fiddling job, replacing laser body and electronic is much easier. You have limited movements x and y axis 30 degrees each (not full 90 degrees). Yes, this is “The Peachy Printer Suggestion Thread”. More people involved (in thinking and presenting thoughts!) are key to get best results. My motive to write here is not money or fame. For me goal is if one of my ideas becomes alive in this project no one happier than me. Or my idea from bubble will provoke younger / older people much more and better educated in sophisticated technologies like this. And that is also something I would like to start too.
    Keep up good work and “Live long and Prosper!”

Engineer-in-Training
    The Peachy is so inexpensive, that instead of changing the mirrors every few years, I will just buy a new one. I spend more than that on my boots every few years.

I think this kit has awesome tools for cleaning delicate stuff like the mirrors. http://amzn.to/1lSlKst

Hello,
    Continuing line of suggestions for (next R&D cycle) I have some interesting motion devices on this page here: http://pcbmotor.com/pcbmotors-17/ and video clip which shows endless options here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbTUsluY2xU
    Please comment.
    Cheers,
    Karlo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast