Close

Threaded View

Exclamation Ender 3 V2 - Prints go wrong after upgrades (images attached)

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and 3D Printing as you can probably tell. I recently purchased an Ender 3 V2 and while waiting for my new filament I started printing right out of the box with the small amount of stock/provided white PLA. The prints weren't the most detailed but it printed reliably, every time.Since I ran out of the stock white Creality PLA filament, I upgraded the printer with:
    1. Blue Capricorn tubing
    2. A 6mm nozzle (the 4mm wore out
    3. Tougher springs that you see on all the Youtube videos

With these upgrades I immediately started printing with ABS with 0% success, the ABS was not sticking to the bed plate at all but that's not what this post is about.I since switched back to PLA AND the problems I am facing are (refer to the attached images for reference):
    1. The printer will begin either really nicely OR be full of blobs that the 'skirt setting' tries to get out but not always successful
    2. The print can be smooth and high quality and then all of a sudden the nozzle hits the print off the bed, requiring me to start again
    3. Random blobs or clumps of plastic form which then either clogs up the nozzle or creates a catch and pulls the print off the bed
    4. The images show a tall handle that I had to physically hold down at the end to stop the nozzle from knocking it over and the other is one of many unsuccessful Temp Towers

What am I doing wrong? Please help! Note: I also haven't been able to get the bed perfectly level - the center of the bed always seems to be a little higher than the sides (I have a BLtouch on the way). This post isn't about this issue but if anyone has experience on why this is now happening since the above upgrades please shout out.Final note: I printed an almost flawless calibration cube but it also formed a could of blobs along the way - it seemed I got lucky.
    Attached Images Attached Images