Close

Smile New here and to 3d printing. just stopping in to say hello.

Just joined the board and want to say hello.

I just got my XYZprinting Da Vinci 1.0 from Amazon on August 5. So far I have printed out the demo print , a potato chip bag clip from thingiverse and a model I created in skechup.. Very happy with it so far.

Last edited by rforeman; 08-08-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by rforeman View Post
    Just joined the board and want to say hello.

I just got my XYZprinting Da Vinci 1.0 from Amazon on August 5. So far I have printed out the demo print , a potato chip bag clip from thingiverse and a model I created in skechup.. Very happy with it so far.

Welcome! please post some pictures, the Da vinci is an amazing price point for a printer, I have seen alot of varied prints from it, some fantastic, some not so great, but like all printers alot of its down to the user

I was a centimeter away from clicking on the BUY IT NOW button, but saw it had proprietary filament cartridges, which only hold a certain amount and are of course fitted cases. If I were you, the first thing I would be doing is googling a way to hack the machine so you can put any sort of filament in it you like - the filament is not specific to their machine, just the case it's in and the little chip inside that tells it how much is left, what colour it is etc.

I will post some pictures as soon as I can. I was going to hack it but as of now I am content with it. I just don't want to mess up and brick it yet .

Engineer-in-Training
    I was going to say the same: great except the filament.

A few pictures.

Here are a few prints.

cs1.jpg
    light mount.jpg