Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

LulzBot KITTAZ is Released

Today, Aleph Objects announced the release of the LulzBot KITTAZ 3D printer kit for $1595. It is basically the TAZ 4 3D printer but in Kit form (and over $400 cheaper). The kits ship with easy to assemble instructions and many of the harder assembly things already done for you. Today they have begun taking orders.

• Print Area: 298mm x 275mm x 250mm (11.7in x 10.8in x 9.8in)
    • Print Volume: 20,500cm3 (1238 in3) of usable space
    • Print Surface: Heated Borosilicate glass bed covered with PET film
    • Top Print Speed: 200mm/sec (7.9in/sec)
    • Print Tolerance: 0.1mm (0.0039in) in X and Y axes. Z axis is dependent on layer thickness
    • Layer Thickness: 0.075mm to 0.35mm (0.003in – 0.0138in)
    • Supported Materials: ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, and wood filaments
    • Usable Filament Sizes: standard 3mm (0.1in)
    • Physical Dimensions
    • Overall Dimensions: 680mm x 520mm x 515mm (26.8in x 20.5in x 20.3in)
    • Weight: 11kg (24.25lbs)
    • Electrical
    • Power Requirements: 100 – 240 VAC
    • Temperature: Max operating temperature (Extruder), 240C (464F)
    • Temperature: Max operating temperature (Heated Bed), 120C (248F)

Read more at: http://3dprint.com/11324/lulzbot-kittaz-3d-printer-kit/

Has anyone on this board assembled one of these? I have been a mechanic for over 10 years and I love to build things. I am looking at buying a 3d printer in the next couple of months and I would like to buy this as a kit for two reasons, 1 the price is awesome for what you get, and 2 I really enjoy the build process and I feel that it would help me to diagnose future issues. my question would be how straight forward is the assembly process? I am proficient with a soldering iron and I have the tools necessary for the assembly process. Are there any tips you would have for a prospective buyer? Thank you for any insight!

You can see the build instructions here, so you know what you're in for:https://ohai-kit.alephobjects.com/group/kittaz/

Awesome thank you for the link!! Very detailed instructions! If I run into a snag in the assembly process is there some one I can contact at aleph for support? Also any idea on the time involved?

Yes, you can contact our regular support lines (email/phone) with a KITTAZ. There's also various discussion on our forum about it, such as:https://forum.lulzbot.com/viewtopic....&t=1269&p=6348