Close

Would you please help me to chose ? thanks :)

Hello ,

I am Eyad, I am actually an architecture student in Los Angeles , 3D printing is an often used technique to present our projects , and it varies in size . when we have small prints for fast schemes or study models , we use small printers like MakerBot or so , we we have a final or a large print we outsource for pouder prints .

So i am planning in getting a printer , and i am confused between two machines . MakerBot Replicator 5th Gen VS 3dSystems Cubify Cube Pro

The price of the two are pretty close whereas the Cube Pro has a bigger bed and higher resolution which is really helpful in printing big models with less subdivisions !

my budget is around 3000$ , I print pretty much daily , and really would appreciate the most durable ( i am ready to open the extruder to clean it daily , seeking the continues printing )

i know that the new replicators have a lot of problems ( the replicator 2 are out of stock ) , the agent at makerbot told my , they released new firmware and he is sure that the majority of the issues have been solved ( i don't usually trust sails men ) .

here are the two options :

http://store.makerbot.com/replicator
    http://cubify.com/en/CubePro

Thanks Guys

Eyad

Engineer
    if it were me no way in hell would i buy the makerbot. firmware cant fix the issues that they have plain and simple. as for the cube, it has possibilities for sure but they are so new i havent heard any feedback on anyone who owns one. i dont even know if they are actually shipping yet. not sure why you are stuck on just those 2 printers. the cube may end up being great and maybe it will be a fail like their last line..who knows. only time will tell. there is a new 3d printer being released every day so there are many other choices that will blow atleast the MB out of the water. if you want a MB though go get a wanhao or a flashforge. 1/2 the price and better printer.

Thanks for the answer ,

I will be looking at the choices you gave me , actually i looked 3d systems cause they are a big company and somehow i fell they might have better quality reliable printers . were cube x a fail ? didn't really looked up on it . Also these two brands are the ones spread out in school so perhaps they have been doing well . Don't know thats why i am asking haha

Engineer
    Take your time, do some research and keep in mind that a big name means nothing other than big marketing budget. Has nothing to do with quality. I am anxious however to hear about the new 3d systems linup.

Eyad,

Doing your research is good advice. I was in the same situation as you, and I took a closer look at the following printer: the "2014 Type A Machines Series 1". A sturdy printer with a large print volume, and a dedicated user base. Manufactured and designed in California, within your budget. The company has been very responsive to all the questions I had, which, in my experience, is rare. Do a search on YouTube for "3 weeks with the series 1 3d printer". It will show you the user of the 2013 model (the 2014 model is all metal and significantly upgraded), and the quality of output he gets from it.

Best regards,

H.