Close

Hybrid View

Technologist

Ender 3 Pro fans gone south?

Hello My hot end fans , both of them seem to quit on me. Its out of the blue, havent changed any settings. Is it the stock board? or just the fans? I do have a BTTSKR 1.4 turbo for it but havent had time for that and ender extender kit. I keep saying after one more print with stock printer

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The first thing I would check is your wiring. Make sure you have power and ground at the mainboard pins and then check for power and ground at the fan motors themselves. The wires that run to the hotend move every second that printer is printing. They fatigue and sometimes the wires break inside of the sheathing. But other times they get pulled on and things can get unplugged or loosened. If all else fails the BTT Octopus has 5v, 12v, and 24v fan outputs. 8 of them.

Technologist
    maybe tomarrow Ill get into the mainboard area with a multi meter and check Thank you

Technologist

Found issue

I found the red wire to the hot end fan had become unconnected. Si Ill see if I can resolder it back on
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technologist
    On second thought, I think I'll just order the two fans NEW. The nozzle blowing fan needs "help" to spin. So I think after (how ever long the Ender 3Pro came out), It has a collection of "no want ems" inside.

DO NOT resolder that fan, the wire is very thin, you might accidentally have them crossing, and that can cause a fire.