Close

model not slicing wall fill issues

hi guys
    new to the 3d printing scene and I've bought my self a second hand Anycubic mega zero v1 cheap. now the issue I'm having is I've drawn up an enclosure for a PCB, it looks fine but when i try to slice it in Ultimaker Cura its zero material and zero time to build. i drew the item in Sketchup 2016 then exported it to an .stl file didn't work then i tried to import it into fusion 360 to see if it was a fill or a conversion from a mesh to a solid but that didn't work as well. I'm obviously missing a step some where but not sure where
    also if anyone has any suggestions on what a good 3d modeling program is let me know, wasn't a fan of the controls in fusion 360 and Sketchup is a bit basic so maybe something between Sketchup and fusion
    the files attached are first exports that i did but seems to have an issue with the infills
    Attached Files Attached Files

you model has no thickness.. the walls must be multiples of the nozzle diameter. So if you have a .4mm nozzle the thinnest thing that will print correctly is a single wall that measures .4mm thick.. you would be best off to make your wall thickness at least 2x or more your nozzle diameter. I use onshape.com for my CAD software, it is free but you r models are free for anyone else to use who has an account.. It is similar to Fusion 360 from what I have read.
    I will attach a box i made for an electronics project so you can see what I mean.. I printed it with a .75mm nozzle .
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks mate i set the wall thickness to 0.8 x2 my nozzle and exported it and now its printing finally and had a look at onshape as well don't mind it will probably use it a bit more in the future thanks for the help

This survey is offered to recent customers with a valid receipt. The placesurvey survey reward may change at any time. Upon completing the survey, if applicable, be sure to write down the survey code in the space provided to get your free reward. placesurvey com