Close

Griffin Mini, Pro, & Pro XL 3D Printers

There may soon be three new delta style 3D printers on the market. A new company, Griffin 3D, based in St. Louis MO. has launched a Kickstarter campaign this morning in which they are seeking funding so that they can produce the Griffin Mini, Griffin Pro and Griffin Pro XL. All three printers include the following specs, with the main differences between them the size:

• Printer Speed:: Up to 300 mm/s
    • Movement Speed: Up to 500 mm/s
    • Printer Resolution: 20 microns max
    • Nozzle Size: 0.4mm
    • Firmware: Smoothieware
    • Features: Gorilla Glass Bed, Carbon Fiber Rods, Viki 2 LCD Screen, Force Sensing Resistors, Custom Extruder Pulley, Semi-Auto Calibration

More details, as well as the build volumes of the various machines and prices can be found here: http://3dprint.com/10983/griffin-3d-pro-printers/

Below is a quick picture of all three new Griffin 3D printers:

Engineer-in-Training
    OK, looks very interesting. I like the electronics and the glass.

I think the background music is distracting.

They don't show the machine building parts, such as a time lapse. I'm increasingly considering the lack of build footage to be a red flag for 3D printer offerings, especially from unknown people and businesses. It's not hard to build a frame with all the right looking parts. What is hard is making a machine that can build parts.

If actual operation of said machine isn't demonstrated building parts, the prospective buyer should not assume that it actually works.
    Last edited by JRDM; 08-03-2014 at 05:11 PM.