Quote Originally Posted by AsianGuy View Post
@airscapes
I’m looking specifically at the Taulman 910 high temp one. I’m looking to print a number of parts for various other hobbies, but one part will be a bracket that’s going in the engine compartment of a car. Therefore I am aiming for the high temp version – it’s said that they have a 150C thermal resistance after annealing. There is the Taulman PA Cast Plate Nylon, with a supposed 185C thermal resistance after annealing, but since the filament is so new, I can’t get much confirmation or information about it.

The Polyimide tape appears to show some promise, but cover a glass plate with a narrow roll would leave lines on a printed model’s surface?

Something like this:

https://www.makergear.com/collection...20387220586594

seem better, but then it starts getting into the price issues since I’d have to cut it to size (235mmx235mm)

Has anyone printed nylon on glass with just PVA? I know Taulman suggest that for their filament, but it doesn’t appear like anyone I encounter on forum or YouTube does that.
Yes it leaves a line, but with water floating the tape in place it can be rather thin.. it is 3d printed.. whats another line.. it is nothing but lines ;-)
Yes I have printed on just glass with glue but warping is always the issue.. an enclosure with heat also helps with the warping. This mount almost sounds like you should be using aluminum.. just have it made and save a lot of time, hassle and maybe money trying to use Nylon, which I am going to bet you will not be happy with the end result, especially if it is a one off part.. sometimes just because you can do something, does not mean you should. Rather than just diving into the deep end, buy a roll of standard 910 and print some parts on glass and see how things go.. you can always try new bed surfaces..