Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Uncia DLP 3D Printer starting at $299

The new Uncia 3D Printer has been launched on Indiegogo. It is priced starting at $299 (without projector) and $599 (with projector). It is a stereolithographic based DLP 3D Printer with the ability to print in very high resolutions.

Here are the specs:

• Dimensions – 350x270x700mm
    • Build Volume – 102x77x170mm
    • XY Resolution – 100 micron
    • Layer Resolution – 100 micron
    • Supported Operating System – Windows
    • Curing Speed Per Layer – 1.5 seconds
    • Weight – 18.5 kg without projector & 20 kg with projector

Read more at: http://3dprint.com/10859/uncia-dlp-3d-printer/

I’m invested into Uncia (see Uncia blog) and you've stayed as independent as you could and kept the American dream alive. Fantastic news and that will mean our investment into the Uncia should be supported well into the future. Thanks.

I looking forward to this SLA. one of the more promising looking 3d print of the year. would like to see more sample prints in future updates.

Can you send me your sample(output? sample? object?) photo by e-mail? it would be appreciate a lot if you send more detail and clear photo. Thank you!!!

Will you be offering a smaller resin reservoir for smaller jewelry-sized builds? IOW, 7" x 7" x what ever volume is needed is a lot of resin if you're only making a ring. Is the resin affected by air? Can the remaining resin be saved?

I'm looking for what formats your printer software supports AND HOW to import other formats. We use AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit with export capabilities to 3DS Max. Please fill me in. I am interested in buying if the process on how to get our models into your software is clear. Thanks.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    This is one of those 'too good to be true' things.

• Dimensions – 350x270x700mm
    • Build Volume – 102x77x170mm
    • XY Resolution – 100 micron
    • Layer Resolution – 100 micron
    • Supported Operating System – Windows
    • Curing Speed Per Layer – 1.5 seconds
    • Weight – 18.5 kg without projector & 20 kg with projector

I do not believe they can supply the projectors as well for $599 and keep up with demand.

If they can, i'd be as happy as a pig in mud and it would be sitting on my desk for that price.

No... for that price I would have 2 sitting on my desk.

any plans to show more video, demos, etc.? I would REALLY love to see a video showing the unit in operation (a walk through maybe?). It would be cool to see resin loading, printing, and release. Thanks, I just just really am excited to see more.