Close

Follow KindaMan On Twitter

I don't want to take antidepressants. What do you recommend?

For a long time now, I have been plagued by a problem with my mood. It keeps changing and I can't do anything about it. I don't want to take antidepressants. What do you recommend?

People with mental illness become too lazy, I know this, forget about exercise, people with chronic depression don't wash the dishes they eat or even take care of themselves, of course exercise helps, but in order to get that exercise the spirit in a depressed person surpasses the human, the only way to cure depression is to move on with faith, hoping that everything works fine, and that is the hardest thing to do, my words only make sense to someone who has been experiencing chronic depression for a very long long time, others will never know it, you need to be inside the body of a depressed person to find out what it really is. You can learn more about the symptoms of depression and medication-free treatments here.

I don't think there are people nowadays who don't have mental problems. Nowadays it is one of the most widespread problems of mankind. Because of the high level of stress, everyone's desire to stand out, stupid people who think that their achievements mean something, provoke people who do not have these achievements.

Follow KindaMan On Twitter
    I totally agree with you. This problem plagues many people, so it's important to help each other.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    chocolate :-)

Student
    Chocolate is a good help, definitely

We get a lot of "SADS" up here around Seattle, and if that happens, a full sun spectrum light, run for a while in the morning, can really help; It's been a while since I did research, had a GF who had it bad, so I got that set up for her back then.

Since full spectrum sunlight has enough blue light in it, that it will thoroughly mess up your sleep schedule, don't run it longer than the current research suggests, and do it fairly early in the day, as it will wake your body up - If you run it at midnight for an hour then try to go to sleep, you won't have much luck...

Nicer yet, you can get these in LED lights, though they might not last forever (LED Lights tend to be run rather over-powered, which kills the LEDs from overheating. Especially cheap LEDs, for a costly SADS light I wouldn't expect any off-brand light to give very good service in terms of running for many, many hours.)

I know that anti-anxiety drugs and antidepressants have many side effects and contraindications (I checked this info on the Canadian pharmacy site). That's why I prefer using natural ways of treatment. I should say, yoga and breathing exersices work for me. Though it is great to find out other ways to overcome my anxiety. Thanks for sharing, I'll check the mentioned techniques out for sure.
    Last edited by melgrif; 05-24-2021 at 10:34 AM.