Close

Threaded View

Question

Ok to get the ball rolling on new slicer starting parameters.

1. find and set Z offset to the slicers equivalent of Set position command: G92 Z0.1 - I think slicers usually handle this as some variation of z offset = -.01 this will squish the first layer somewhat for better adhesion
    2. find where the slicer sets an initial speed and set it to 20 mm/s for 3 layers (60mm/s thereafter?)
    3. find where the slicer controls bed temperature and raise it to 66C for PLA on a glass bed
    4. find where the slicer controls initial fan speed and turn it off until layer 4, or speed is 0 until layer 3 or however slicer handles that
    5. find where slicer controls fans general speed and make sure will be on at 100% at layer 4
    6. find retraction and set to 5mm and speed to 65 (tested for PLA on my D3)
    7. load .slt
    8. slice and save
    9. re-wash glass. dry glass. wipe with vinegar. allow to dry. begin preheat to 200 on each nozzle and 66 on bed. apply thin layer of glue
    10. when pre-heated, transfer file and print.
    11. watch printer beautifully lay down perfect foundation layer.
    12. get coffee.
    13. clean up PLA spaghetti mess and retrieve and photograph first layer debris from floor for post-mortem discussion.

This is just a skeleton. I know I need more and I really hope this leads to improvements I can use to to get past these issues and back to actually completing new prints. thanks guys!
    Last edited by minneapolis-matt; 05-16-2021 at 12:54 PM. Reason: omg, all carriage returns chopped out by default here?