I have an Ender Pro 3 and I’ve been progressively making upgrades to it so I can manage prints remotely and to be able to print overnight for bigger prints. To get over the incredibly loud noises this thing generates, I installed a compatible silent motherboard, a BigTreeTech SKR Mini E3 v1.2 with rubber ducky included.

Now, depending on what YouTube video I watch, people say it’s ready to go out of the box but I ran into a huge issue: the y-axis makes a very harsh grinding sound when it does its startup print after the bed and extruder are at optimal temperature. I’ve looked up countless YouTube videos about this issue but so far it talks about installing it which I’ve already done or if it does address the issue it’s only for a few seconds.

So Ender 3 Pro community, how do I go about fixing this issue? Is this just fixed with a firmware update or is it more complex than that?
I scoured as many youtube videos I could and their board matches my board so wiring is all good. After I tried to re-home both the X and Y axises as suggest and I'm still getting that harsh noise, now even going towards the limit switches respectively.

I should note that I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4B with OctoPrint to run my printer with some plug ins. Everytime I boot up my OctoPrint server while connected to my Ender 3 Pro with the SKR Mini, I get a "TMC Connection Error."

I'm honestly convinced that a firmware update for this board will fix these issues but I would like to know if it's anything else I skimmed past during the install.
Here's a link to my same question on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/..._makes_a_very/