I've been doing 3D modeling (Mostly props for video games or rendering software like Poser) and 2D architectural CAD for a couple of years, but so far everything that I've done is entirely virtual so I'd like to try my hand at making things that exist in the real world.

I'm looking for a resin printer in the £1K-£2K range that's as plug and play\idiot proof as possible. Where you need to do the absolute minimum of set up\calibration and as much is done for you as possible. So that it can be used by people who know how to make models but with minimal experience of 3D printers.

I'm ideally looking for something that can be brought in the UK, and where all of the parts\materials can be brought in the UK. Open source if possible so that I don't need to worry about a model being discontinued.

I largely envisage this being used for small models such as Dungeons and Dragons\board game pieces, accessories for toys\action figures (upgrade kits for Transformers, and so on), or upgrade parts for warhammer vehicles.

Idiot proofing is more important than ultra high detail.

Any suggestions.