Close

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    It sounds as though it may be one of the four wires to the stepper broken.
    i'll double check but they looked secure and not split, at least at the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughlyn View Post
    i'll double check but they looked secure and not split, at least at the plug.
    Have you checked for pluggage around the feed gear? I have a similar problem and that was my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by akruse12 View Post
    Have you checked for pluggage around the feed gear? I have a similar problem and that was my problem.
    yeah i've cleaned all around the gear. moved the spring lever out the way to give it a proper wipe around and dusting. as i say its not that it seems to be blocked but more that the gears are turning backwards instead of forwards

Senior Engineer
    Load filament with it in bits and watch the stepper doing whatever it does. If that turns smoothly then it is down to heaters and/or plastic but if that dithers and vibrates it is a broken wire or driver. Swap the plugs if you have two extruders see if the other motor is smooth.

Stepper motors never break unless you pull them apart, then they never work again.

Load filament with it in bits and watch the stepper doing whatever it does. If that turns smoothly then it is down to heaters and/or plastic but if that dithers and vibrates it is a broken wire or driver. Swap the plugs if you have two extruders see if the other motor is smooth.

Stepper motors never break unless you pull them apart, then they never work again.
    if i try to load filament into it i have to force it into the extruder, the head judders like mad and the filament will extrude bumpy. if i just put a piece of filament into the extruder it'll jiggle up and down as the feeder is trying to push the filament out, not feed it in.
    i'm using the left extruder atm to print while i search answers. the left extruders working fine. just this right one has played up for past couple days til its now just not feeding filament through

Senior Engineer
    Take the extruder off the stepper motor and load filament on the menu, watch the stepper motor is what I meant.

Take the extruder off the stepper motor and load filament on the menu, watch the stepper motor is what I meant.
    Will do. i'll try get a video of it too and post a link. might help things. the gears and things seem sto be running fine. it just seems to be running the wrong way lol

Senior Engineer
    if it is running the wrong way and not smoothly then it is a broken wire or a faulty stepper driver board.

Well folks a bit of an update. stripped the extruder right back and tried to feed filament into it as Mjolinor suggested. the lil motorized driver part just clicks back n forth slightly. swapped the power cable round from the left extruder to the 'broken' right extruder and it goes perfectly. swapped the right power cable to the left extruder and that does the same slight back n forth thats been the issue.

i've checked the wire ends and i can't see any broken wires, also the printer is only 2months old at most so i'm asuming its a Faulty stepper driver board as Mjolinor suggests. next question.... how easy is it to fix or is it something thats gonna require it to go back to the supplier to exchange for me? (still under warranty)
    Last edited by Laughlyn; 06-20-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Thank you for taking you time to write this up. It's been a big help

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast