Close

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Calibrate height? Or extrusion amount?

Height Calibration is simply leveling the print bed correct? so i guess extrusion amount.
    Also i am useing the current version of makerware, should i use something else to get better quality prints? i havent designed anything myself as i am currently learning CAD, mainly pull things off thingiverse.

Super Moderator
    Makerware is ok. The newest 3.7 has a little better profile editor. Start with default standard settings and see how things come out. Measure your filament down to .01mm and input that value. Strangely the extrusion multiplier is missing from the profile editor. In Makerware a higher multiplier the less filament is extruded. In Simplify 3D the extrusion multiplier makes more sense, a lower number means less filament extrusion. In S3d I am usually around .9 on the extrusion multiplier. Over extrusion creates horrible surfaces.

Add Roob0481 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Radarlarry View Post
    In addition, I would have liked to have printed this in the other direction, but I have problems manipulating the drawing in Replicator. It's just all over the place using the mouse. Most of my larger builds pull up like this.

If you use the mouse you have to go extremely slow, I upgraded to the Replicator G for the Large Prints and it was resolved. Before that I just use the buttons off to the right.

Question FlasfForge Creator Pro Heating Element Removal

I brought a creator pro last month and can anyone tell me how to remove the nozzles heating elements? I'm new to 3D printing so I do not know enough yet. Thank you

Add Roob0481 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by akruse12 View Post
    I brought a creator pro last month and can anyone tell me how to remove the nozzles heating elements? I'm new to 3D printing so I do not know enough yet. Thank you
    I had to remove mine recently to dislodge some broken nozzle threads, I just took the whole extruder set up apart.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by akruse12 View Post
    The heating elements are held in place by a set screw. It is covered up by the insulation. You don't have to fully take the insulation off to get to it. Just probe around a little centered over the top of the element and cut a little hole so you can get to the set screw.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Hi i'm hoping someone can help me out here. I have the FF Creator Pro and its been printing fine for the past few months i've had it. the past couple of days the right extruder hasn't been feeding the filament through. its 'juddering' almost like its trying to cycle the gears backward to unload when i'm trying to load/extruder.

is it some software issue? (i use makerware and replicatorg depening on the printed object) i've followed the instructions for cleaning the gears out and they were clear, f i force the filament in it comes out but juddery againlike its being pulled back and forth.

Senior Engineer
    It sounds as though it may be one of the four wires to the stepper broken.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast