Close

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    I ended up caving in and buying a new motherboard. Found one for $100 somewhere online. Changed everything out and it works perfectly now.

Do you remember where you bought it? Flash forge has one for 180.

Just purchased a FF Creator Pro about a month ago. Only ran ABS through it while learning and adjusting. Had the carriage that holds the extruders crack. They are shipping me a new one shortly. Until then I am still printing. I recently ordered some ninjaflex and a couple spools of PLA. Was wondering if anyone has setup a active cooling system for printing PLA?
    20141126_092218.jpg
    Here is the crack I have.

hello,
    I had a question to anyone who can help.
    "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
    MightyBoard, S3G via Serial The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information."
    this is the error I have.
    I just went and bought a All-in-one computer just for my printer. I was running it on a older laptop but it crashed.
    now I have this message and i'm not sure what to do.
    thanks for the help.
    I have found the rest of this forum very helpful!!

Sorry to ask but I've been having a lot of issues with corners rising up during print. It looks fine for the first few layers and then the bottom right corner starts raising up, every time.

I've tried lowering the tempurature to the 106-109 range like you reccomended but I'm afraid I'm still having the same issue. My concern is that there is a defect in my build plate because it is almost 100% of the time the same corner that lifts up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Try some "helper discs" that you place at the corners to give more flat surface area. These are about 1mm high and round and can easily be trimmed off. S3d can be configured to print a Brim at 0mm distance from the model and would achieve the same thing. Other slicers you will have to import the helper disc and place where you need them.

okay I have another question. I was able to get the driver installed properly but now im getting this message in the replicatorG program. I rescanned ports but nothing ever shows up. and the only option is COM3.
    in my setting for the driver it says that COM3 is the correct port for the driver. can I change It to a different COM #? will that help?
    "Connecting to machine using serial port: COM3
    Connection error: Serial port 'COM3' already in use. Try quiting any programs that may be using it."
    no other program is running at the time just the replicator.
    so lost at this point. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything at least twice now. still nothing has change.
    Thank You for the Help. =]

Hi, and thank you for this thread, a lot of usefull information here.
    i have bought the Creator about 14 days ago, and it has performed well, except for the normal bending in corners and so on.
    Today when I was waiting for the extruder/plate to heat up, the X-axis motor started making an awful noise and the extruders where shaking. It has never done this before. it started to print, and it ended well. Next print made the same noise in the beginning, but now the print started a lot more to the right. I aborted the print and started a new. Now the extruders are just shaking, and the noise is there all the time. I am sure it is the X axis motor to the right, confirmed this by trying Jog Mode. It will not move the head from left to right (or back again).
    I thought that the motor was faulty, and since this is a dual extruder and I only use the right one, I swapped the motor from the left extruder. But nothing changed. I removed the bottom plate, and found that the mainboard has 5 small controllers next to where the motors are connected. Tried to swap 2 of these as well. Same problem still.
    when trying to move the extruders from left to right, there are no force needed, they move smooth and fine.
    As far as I know, this has to be a mainboard thing? Or is it something I have forgotten to check?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Cables usually. They aren't flex rated and can break easily.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
    Hi, and thank you for this thread, a lot of usefull information here.
    i have bought the Creator about 14 days ago, and it has performed well, except for the normal bending in corners and so on.
    Today when I was waiting for the extruder/plate to heat up, the X-axis motor started making an awful noise and the extruders where shaking. It has never done this before. it started to print, and it ended well. Next print made the same noise in the beginning, but now the print started a lot more to the right. I aborted the print and started a new. Now the extruders are just shaking, and the noise is there all the time. I am sure it is the X axis motor to the right, confirmed this by trying Jog Mode. It will not move the head from left to right (or back again).
    I thought that the motor was faulty, and since this is a dual extruder and I only use the right one, I swapped the motor from the left extruder. But nothing changed. I removed the bottom plate, and found that the mainboard has 5 small controllers next to where the motors are connected. Tried to swap 2 of these as well. Same problem still.
    when trying to move the extruders from left to right, there are no force needed, they move smooth and fine.
    As far as I know, this has to be a mainboard thing? Or is it something I have forgotten to check?
    Sounds like your end stop switch is faulty or broken, the motor doesn't know when to stop so the motor makes a horrible noise because it's trying to move in a direction it cannot, very much like me pushing against a brick wall and growling with frustration that I cannot move through it.

I say this because you said it is happening at the beginning, which I am only assuming is the homing routine it does. If you have a multimeter, just test the terminals on the end stop switch and see if the circuit closes when the switch is activated. The good news is if it is a faulty end stop switch, it's a $2 part.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast