Close

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey B View Post
    Hey I got a quick question for all you flash forge wizzes, I just got a creator pro, had been printing with a rep 1 for a few years. Everything seems to work great with maker ware software but as the print starts it doesn't start extruding filament for a few seconds. I know there is a simple fix for this but I can't seem to find it. Does it have something to do with retraction settings. Also what software are most people using? Makerware, cura etc? Thanks.
    We recently got a Creator Pro at work and have the same issue. Our issue though is only on the left print head. It also makes a clicking noise but only before starting the build. When pre heating or loading material it works fine and doesn't make a clicking noise. We have been using Simplify 3D because of all the tools available in that software, it's well worth the $150 price tag. We have Stratasys Dimension printer as well and the cost to use the Flashforge is way cheaper. We machined a spacer for the z axis and use glass plates for our build surface. We have about 5 glass plates that we have ready to swap out when a build finishes. We coat the plates with 3 coatings of Sauve Hairspray and it works great for PLA and ABS. the parts stick well (plate becomes tacky when heated up) and when the plate cools, the part pops off its self (when the plate has cooled down enough) so we don't even need to apply pressure.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by griffog View Post
    I wonder if anyone can help here. Had a nozzle blockage so removed the nozzle and cleared that, no issues there. But on reassembling I noticed the heater block appeared loose and rotates. I managed to fit the nozzle OK but can't figure out how the heater block is secured? I've removed the extruder assembly from the carriage and found the set screw at the rear, that appears tight and it seems that the heater block is loose on the small piece that connects it to the horizontal bar. How is the heater block secured to that? I can rotate it clockwise and anticlockwise within the limits of the attached heater and thermistor cables and it doesn't feel like it's tightening. Is this piece threaded?

Confused!!
    So the metal tubing that slides through the hole on the horizontal bar is loose and won't tighten with the small hex nut at the back of the bar?
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

All resolved now. The grub screw had scored the tube so it was well and truly jammed in the metal bar. Managed to get it off, cleaned up the bits and re-assembled. Jobs a good 'un.

Quote Originally Posted by ngendo20 View Post
    We recently got a Creator Pro at work and have the same issue. Our issue though is only on the left print head. It also makes a clicking noise but only before starting the build. When pre heating or loading material it works fine and doesn't make a clicking noise. We have been using Simplify 3D because of all the tools available in that software, it's well worth the $150 price tag. We have Stratasys Dimension printer as well and the cost to use the Flashforge is way cheaper. We machined a spacer for the z axis and use glass plates for our build surface. We have about 5 glass plates that we have ready to swap out when a build finishes. We coat the plates with 3 coatings of Sauve Hairspray and it works great for PLA and ABS. the parts stick well (plate becomes tacky when heated up) and when the plate cools, the part pops off its self (when the plate has cooled down enough) so we don't even need to apply pressure.
    I have a PowerSpec 3D Pro and was having the same issue with only the left head. I have been using the latest version of MakerBot Desktop and decided to give one of the older versions of MakerWare a try. I am using version 2.4.0.14 and it does not pause at the end of the prime and start clicking like it does with the MakerBot Desktop. You might want to give the older version of MakerWare a try real quick to see if you have the same experience.

Technologist
    I just got a FF Creator Dual rebrand from Monoprice. I'm trying to print an 8" long part from the right extruder, but it does not print the left 2". It appears to print the sled for the right 6" OK, and then starts printing some part of the left 2", but that is just a stringy mess.

Is this a limitation of the machine? I used Makerware 2.4.? and chose the Replicator Dual machine to print from the SD card. This part has printed successfully multiple times on a Replicator 2.

Senior Engineer
    It should not be a problem. I suspect your bed is either not level or not flat.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    It should not be a problem. I suspect your bed is either not level or not flat.
    I spent a lot of time leveling the bed. It is as level as I can make it.

Why would the bed make it not even try to print the left 2" until it is done with the sled for the right 6"?

IME, when printing a sled, it usually prints the whole thing one layer at a time.

Technician
    Geoff

Wanted to thank you for all of your troubleshooting information. it was very helpful.

Senior Engineer
    I am probably not understanding what you have written

I read it as an 8 inch long thing that starts printing 2 inches from the left side printing to the right for six inches then going back and printing the two inches on the left where that two inches didn't stick to the bed but did extrude OK.

Is Z dropping after the six inches on the right? If so I would suspect your slicer.
    If not then I would suspect a non flat bit where the bed is dipping away from the extruder.

Try a different slicer.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I am probably not understanding what you have written
    No prob.

I read it as an 8 inch long thing that starts printing 2 inches from the left side printing to the right for six inches then going back and printing the two inches on the left where that two inches didn't stick to the bed but did extrude OK.
    No, it prints the right 6" of the sled, w/o even trying to print the left 2"

After printing the right 6" of the sled, it tries to print something in the left 2" but it does not stick.

Is Z dropping after the six inches on the right?
    How would I determine that?

If so I would suspect your slicer.
    If not then I would suspect a non flat bit where the bed is dipping away from the extruder.
    The bed is a little warped, but not greatly. I thought a sled could compensate for that.

Try a different slicer.
    Something better than Makerware? What?

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast