Close

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Hello I have a flashforge dreamer and I have a problem where it makes a creaking noise like a wooden door or something. its really weird and scary but so far seems to not be causing any problems. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by baraka101 View Post
    Hello I have a flashforge dreamer and I have a problem where it makes a creaking noise like a wooden door or something. its really weird and scary but so far seems to not be causing any problems. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated thanks .
    Please start a new thread for this. Give some more detail too.

Hi ,,,

I have done a Heat bed modification.. got rid of fixed 6mm alu plate , inserted a new 3mm base heat plate , with a changeable 3mm print bed.. as I was testing to see what heat is exactly coming to the surface of the print plate , i got 92°C.
    this means that the reading that I get from my display set at 108°C is 16°C less the what I get on the surface. as I have took out the old 6mm plate ,and forgot to pre test the heat plate (Dohhh). Can somebody give me an actual reading from the middle of the heat plate from the Creator pro, I would be very grateful set temp 108°C.,I let it prewarm with the extruder becase this was standard operating procedure ( approx 10-15 min)

Hello All,

Been reading a bit on this forum for a few days. I have my FFCP on the way and am so excited. This forum is a breath of fresh air compared to the usual BMW forums I am on. Everyone seems so nice and super helpful. I cant wait to get started.

Let the reading continue.

Definitive

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro-Kill View Post
    Hi ,,,

I have done a Heat bed modification.. got rid of fixed 6mm alu plate , inserted a new 3mm base heat plate , with a changeable 3mm print bed.. as I was testing to see what heat is exactly coming to the surface of the print plate , i got 92°C.
    this means that the reading that I get from my display set at 108°C is 16°C less the what I get on the surface. as I have took out the old 6mm plate ,and forgot to pre test the heat plate (Dohhh). Can somebody give me an actual reading from the middle of the heat plate from the Creator pro, I would be very grateful set temp 108°C.,I let it prewarm with the extruder becase this was standard operating procedure ( approx 10-15 min)
    loads of users , but no one has ever measured the surface temp ????
    please help

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro-Kill View Post
    loads of users , but no one has ever measured the surface temp ????
    please help
    I'll get it for you, heating it up now.

...stay tuned....

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    After steady state was reached and held for 10 min @ 108c. I measured ~110c on the surface of the bed, directly in the center.

2016-02-14_9-26-46.jpg

Thank you... gonna have to do a few tests on mine

SO... I decided its time to buy a 3DP...
    after chacking..reading..watching..decidind..changing..l isting and eliminating..
    i decided to buy the FFCP..
    (i didnt bought it yet...minor persunal problems..day after tomorrow..
    so..congrats to me!!

i saw and read lot..(and i meen A LOT!!) of reviews...
    but nothing like this one..!!!
    YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB!!
    i know that its not the BEST 3DP...but since im just entering the world of 3d printing...
    i think that this one...is the right printer for me...

in the reviews that i read...it was obvios that it got a steep learning curve...and tweaking will be Necessary..
    been looking in the net for some info on how....and than i saw this thread..
    and man.... you are a GODSENT!!
    so many info!!!!
    awesome is an understatmnt!!

preaty sure i have a lot of Q's....but preaty sure youall will got the A's...

so....we will be in tuch!!!
    ha ha

srry for mispells or gramers mistakes...
    Last edited by ARTISAN; 02-19-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTISAN View Post
    SO... I decided its time to buy a 3DP...
    after chacking..reading..watching..decidind..changing..l isting and eliminating..
    i decided to buy the FFCP..
    so..congrats to me!!

i saw and read lot..(and i meen A LOT!!) of reviews...
    but nothing like this one..!!!
    YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB!!
    i know that its not the BEST 3DP...but since im just entering tje

Yep, for the money they are pretty solid. The FFCP is based off of one of the best printers Makerbot ever made.

There are a few things you should do right off the bat.

• Thread lock all the screws in the top.
    • The build plate has a power plug that is underrated for the amount of current it passes. Direct solder larger (16ga is about right) wires to the board instead and wire the positive lead directly to the power supply.
    • Use a small flat blade screwdriver and make sure all of the screws on the green plugs are secure.
    • Check for use of solder tinned leads going into those green plugs. If there are any cut off the solder and reinsert and secure bare copper wire.

This isn't everything you should do but it is a good start.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast